Today, we helped a live alone elder woman living in To Kwa Wan to improve her home. The client’s son had already immigrated to Taiwan to settle down after marriage. Her daughter has been married and moved outside. The client’s family support network is weak, and the economy relies on the Old Age Living Allowance. Due to the maintenance problems in the past, they have been solved by them. For example, ask the master to install the electric position and repair the small stone shovel. Because the maintenance content is not supported by the Hong Kong Housing Society. This time we cooperated with the St. James Settlement’s volunteers and the Build & Wish Voluntary Team, and the volunteers help the client as below:
1) Replace the old electric position and plug, and teach the client to use one electrical appliance first, then use the second electrical appliance, do not use two kinds of electrical appliances at the same time, to avoid overloading the circuit.
2) Repair the toilet water tank, replace the broken water pump with a new water pump and repair the toilet flushing position.
3) Replace the broken range hood exhaust hose with a new exhaust vent, so that the exhaust gas can be directly discharged outside the house without being discharged to the wall inside the house.
4) Dispose of excess wires to avoid danger in time.
5) Fix the wires too long to make the location of the wires safer.
The client was very happy after receiving our assistance and was willing to be our visiting volunteer.